Thursday, May 16, 2013

I ♥ Creative Reuse Centers!

Artists of All Stripes must visit Creative Reuse Centers!

A Creative Reuse Center is ten times more fun than an arts and crafts store. The stuff for sale is random and quirky. Some is old, some is new. The prices are super low, often pennies!

It is inspiring to browse around among the colorful, bountiful supplies and objects people donate for others to reuse. Something will call your name and you will take it home. For me, last Saturday, it was this:


I had a satisfying, serendipitous Artist Date at Lancaster Creative Reuse. Ten seconds after I walked into their treasure trove of creative goodies, inspiration struck: I invited them to be featured here!

Also, it looks like I will be volunteering there one Saturday a month. I simply loved helping people find what they were looking for while I was there. Not everyone realizes how many rooms there are, packed with everything from lace to stencils to sewing patterns to book jackets!

Stay tuned for more photos!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great idea! If I was searching for such a center near me, what key words would I use? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete